About St. Margaret's

The Parish of St Margaret's, Dunfermline has been in existence for over 170 years although the church itself was not built until 1896. It has seen many changes over the years, both internally and externally but has always stood as the centrepiece of pilgrimage and honour of St. Margaret, the patroness of Scotland.

History

In 1996 St. Margaret's RC Memorial Church celebrated its centenary. As part of the celebrations a short history of the Parish was compiled and published. An online version of this history is available to download here.

Access for the disabled

A side door to the left of the main entrance to St. Margaret's has a ramp suitable for wheelchair access to the Church. In the car park there are 3 bays opposite the main door allocated for drivers who display the blue badge for the disabled.

Parish Finances

A copy of the Parish's Statement of Income & Expenditure for 2016 is available here.


Ministries

St. Margaret's has a number of ministries to assist the Parish Priest with the running of the Parish. Under the leadership of the Parish Priest, these ministries are organised and run by Parishioners on behalf of the Parish. The main ministries are listed here, and details of each are given on their respective pages.

Groups