St Margaret's Music Ministry enriches the liturgy through the provision of contemplative musical support in Masses and Services. Over the three weekend Masses, a diverse mix of traditional and contemporary hymns and chants are used with the ministry consisting of:-
- 5.30pm Vigil - organist led (Organist: Martin McNicoll)
- 9am - Music group (Multiple instruments and choral - Leader: Francis McNicoll)
- 11am - organist and choir led (Organist: Amanda Dellar / Martin McNicoll; Choir Leader Isobel Vernolini)
As well as supporting the three main Masses, the Music Ministry are also involved in the annual St. Margaret's National Pilgrimage, Sacrament celebrations (e.g. Holy Hours, benedictions, confirmations), and weddings and funeral services as arranged.
St. Margaret's RC Memorial Chuch is blessed to have two organs:
- in the main church: 2014 custom designed Viscount Envoy computerised organ (with latest technology that mimics the air sound of different styles of pipe)
- in the gallery: 1872 Holdich pipe organ, gifted by Andrew Armstrong who was a previous organist at Dunfermline Abbey.
Interested in joining the Music Ministry?
Would you like to expand your singing voice in a choir, or do you play a musical instrument? New members are always welcome - enthusiasm essential! Speak to Fr Chris or one of the Music Ministry team for more information.